Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Welcome to my life.

I am a 30-year-old mom of the most precious little man (Devin, age 6), work full time, go to school full time, have two home based businesses to bring in extra income as well as an active member of a local church.  How do I fit everything in to a 24 hour day.......that's easy.....God.  It is by his grace that I am alive, healthy and can do everything I do each day.

I am not a morning person, so I am rushing around every morning to get as much done as possible and be out the door in time to get my son to school before the bell rings.  Then I'm off to work.  I work at an architectural firm in Leawood, KS full time.  I really enjoy the people I work with.....ok, most of them.  I do have to say that I am very fortunate to work under my mom and we have the most amazing boss!  It's hard to find a company in today's economy that will provide as much as he does for his employees.  
Then I go home my second full time job....being a mom, housewife, girlfriend and caregiver. This is my favorite job of all believe it or not.  Granted, I want to pull my hair out some days if I see dirty dishes on the counter or I get interrupted with "Mommy, mommy, mommy" a million times.  I am fortunate to have a helpful man around the house anytime I need it.  We switch off and on who makes dinner, cleans up, and gets Devin ready for bed.  

Now at some point during the week, I squeeze in time for my homework.  I am going to school to earn my Associates Degree in Business/Business Management.  I do most of my classes online because of the flexibility it offers.  The only downfall is making myself get it all done before Sunday.  You have to be very self driven and motivated to take online classes because there is no one standing there telling you what to do.  You are given a syllabus and course assignments at the beginning of each semester and are expected to turn things in by each deadline.  It sounds easy enough, but when you are as busy as I am, it can get a little overwhelming and next thing you know, it's Sunday at 3pm and you haven't even started your work. 
I am also a member of Abundant Life Baptist Church and feel it has been such a safe haven and life saver for me.  I started going there because my sister wanted to check it out too.  She had heard it was a really good place of worship and the pastor was amazing.........she heard right that's for sure.  I haven't stepped foot in to another church since then because I had found my home.  I officially became a member on Valentines Day in 2010 and was baptized on 4th of July in 2010.  I have since then completed the first discipleship class and volunteer 1-2 times each month in the Children's Ministry with the 19-23 month old kids.  They will truly start your morning off right!

To earn a little bit of extra play money, I have been an Avon representative for 1 year and recently became a Distributor for Shaklee.  I love Avon because they have been around for 125 years and their products speak for themselves.  They do a lot of work with charitable organizations and are one of the many companies that help contribute to disaster relief all around the world.  I fell head over heals for Shaklee for so many reasons.  I could go on for days about why I love their company and their products.  Probably the first and most important thing is that their products are 100% organic and PURE!!  A lot of companies are organic, but Shaklee goes one step further and makes their products pure.  It has helped my family in a huge way and I just want to help so many people by sharing what they have to offer.  Prescriptions damage your immune system and the cost itself can be outrageous!  Just being on a multivitamin, pro biotic and fish oil can balance your system out. It has helped my family in a huge way and I just want to help so many people by sharing what they have to offer.  We can get you the most nutrition that fits your own personal budget.  

I plan to use this blog as a way to share the things I have learned from health & wellness, beauty inside and out to parenting and so much more in hopes of helping other people out there in similar situations.  There are so many times that we go through something difficult or stressful and feel so alone or like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.  There is always a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MyFitnessPal Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter